Windows 10 continues its development at the best pace with the launch of the new Build 19551 in the fast ring of Insider. We still do not know if it will correspond to 20H2 or 21H1, although if we can see how the error correction uberant work does not stop, like last weeks.
Other updates for Insiders
As part of the improvement in the update experience, Microsoft is going to conduct an experiment on how drivers offered by Windows Update. Those marked as optional will not be automatically downloaded from Build 19536.
To install any of these drivers (those for new devices connected to the PC are included), Insiders can go to Settings> Update and Security> Windows Update> View updates options and download it manually. This will be the case until March 5.
Fixed bugs and improvements to Build 19551
- Fixed a bug where Clipping and Annotation did not work on secondary monitors.
- The disk optimization control panel already shows correctly if it has been performed on the devices.
- Fixed an issue where the Narrator Start unexpectedly closed when selecting “News.”
- Fixed a bug where the default language list at the top of the Language Settings goes blank.
- The action of pasting screenshots (Win + Shift + S) in Outlook for which they were very large has been improved.
- An error has been solved by which, if we change the IME to Pinyin it will return to the default upon restart.
- Fixed an issue where the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon was drawn white when using the clear theme.
Known bugs of the Build 19551
- BattlEye and Microsoft have encountered incompatibility problems due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview compilations and certain versions of the BattlEye anti-cheat software. To protect the Insiders that could have these versions installed on their computers, they have applied a retention of compatibility on these devices so that they are not offered affected compilations of Windows Insider Preview.
- Narrator and NVDA users who use the latest version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulties when browsing and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and Edge teams are aware of these problems. Legacy Microsoft Edge users will not be affected.
- The cloud recovery option to Reset this PC does not work in this compilation.
- They are examining the update process reports that hang for long periods of time while trying to install a new build.
- They are investigating reports that some Insiders cannot update to newer versions with error 0x8007042b.
- Some Insiders cannot upgrade to a new Build with error 0xc1900101.
- They are looking at some reports where, some external USB 3.0 hard drives stop responding with Start Code 10.
- The Privacy Documents section has an incorrect icon (only a rectangle).
- The IME candidate window for East Asian IME (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese IME) may not open at times.